Nationalist Post

The National Post

Reading: Hamas releases video of Israeli soldier’s plea for release amid stalled talks
Share
Font ResizerAa

Nationalist Post

The National Post

Font ResizerAa
Search
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
World

Hamas releases video of Israeli soldier’s plea for release amid stalled talks

Admin
Last updated: January 5, 2025 5:48 pm
Admin 8 months ago
Share
Hamas releases video of Israeli soldier’s plea for release amid stalled talks
SHARE
Hamas releases video of Israeli soldier’s plea for release amid stalled talks

New Delhi: Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, released a video on Saturday showing a 19-year-old Israeli soldier Liri Albag, who has been held in Gaza since the October 2023 Hamas attack. The video, which lasts for three and a half minutes. In the recording, Albag pleads in Hebrew for the Israeli government to secure her release, AFP reported. However, the authenticity of the video cannot be verified.

Contents
Hamas, Islamic Jihad share new footageFamilies protest Netanyahu’s delay

Albag’s family, represented by the Hostages and Missing Families Forum, has said that they did not authorise the video’s release. In a statement, the family urged Israeli leaders, as well as world decision-makers, to act decisively. They said it is important to treat the situation as if it involved their own children. At the time of her capture, Albag was 18, seized along with six other female conscripts from the Nahal Oz base on the Gaza border. Five of her fellow conscripts are still being held captive.

While we hope for the release of Israeli captive Liri Albag, as well as thousands of Palestinian prisoners, let us not forget she served in a surveillance and sniper unit on Gaza’s border, killing and maiming hundreds of peaceful protesters in Gaza. pic.twitter.com/9ZbhiGaRQi

— Ramy Abdu| رامي عبده (@RamAbdu) January 4, 2025

Hamas, Islamic Jihad share new footage

The video release is part of a broader pattern, with Hamas and its ally Islamic Jihad having previously shared footage of Israeli hostages since the onset of the conflict, which has now spanned nearly 15 months. A total of 251 hostages were taken during the October 2023 attack, with 96 still held in Gaza, according to Israeli military reports. It has been confirmed that 34 of the hostages have died.

Also Read

European postal services suspend shipment of packages to US over import tariffs

Trump nominates Sergio Gor to be next US ambassador to India

Sri Lankan ex-President Ranil Wickremesinghe arrested

Meanwhile, indirect negotiations between Hamas and Israel regarding a potential truce and hostage release deal resumed on Friday night in Qatar. However, there have been no updates on the outcome. Despite efforts by mediators from Qatar, Egypt and the United States, these discussions have failed to bring an end to the ongoing war.

Families protest Netanyahu’s delay

The Hostages and Missing Families Forum has continued its pressure campaign with weekly demonstrations, the most recent of which took place in Tel Aviv. They have criticised Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, accusing him of delaying the negotiations for a hostage release. Netanyahu’s office said on Thursday that Israeli negotiators had been authorised to join the latest round of talks in Qatar.

You Might Also Like

At least 18 die in Colombia in two attacks attributed to FARC dissidents
At least 18 die in Colombia in two attacks attributed to FARC dissidents
‘Silence emboldens bully’: Chinese envoy slams US tariffs, ‘firmly’ stands with India
‘Silence emboldens bully’: Chinese envoy slams US tariffs, ‘firmly’ stands with India
Putin’s demands for ceasefire: Control over Donbas, no Nato and western troops
Putin’s demands for ceasefire: Control over Donbas, no Nato and western troops
TAGGED:hamas hostage videohamas israeli hostageHamsas footage Israeli hostageisraeli hostage hamasisraeli hostage video hamas
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print

You Also Like

Trump wins appeal as $500m civil fraud penalty overturned

Trump wins appeal as $500m civil fraud penalty overturned

By Admin 1 week ago
Russia launches one of its biggest drone, missile attacks this year at Ukraine

Russia launches one of its biggest drone, missile attacks this year at Ukraine

By Admin 1 week ago
Brazilian police say ex-President Bolsonaro had planned to flee to Argentina seeking asylum

Brazilian police say ex-President Bolsonaro had planned to flee to Argentina seeking asylum

By Admin 2 weeks ago
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?