Nationalist Post

The National Post

Reading: US President Donald Trump bans visas for new foreign students at Harvard University
Share
Font ResizerAa

Nationalist Post

The National Post

Font ResizerAa
Search
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
World

US President Donald Trump bans visas for new foreign students at Harvard University

Admin
Last updated: June 5, 2025 7:47 am
Admin 3 months ago
Share
Trump administration severing all federal ties with Harvard, citing national security Concerns
SHARE
US President Donald Trump bans visas for new foreign students at Harvard University

Washington: US President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed an executive order blocking almost all foreign students from entering the country to attend Harvard University. The decision came as part of his dispute with  Ivy League school, which has a large international student population, nearly 25% of its total students.

In the order signed on Wednesday, Trump claimed that allowing foreign students to attend Harvard could harm the national security of United States. He said Harvard’s actions had made it an “unsuitable destination” for foreign students and researchers, as reported by The Associated Press.

The White House announced that new foreign students admitted to Harvard will not be allowed to enter the US on student visas like F, M, or J. It also said the Secretary of State should consider cancelling the visas of current international students who match the criteria laid out in the executive order.

Also Read

European postal services suspend shipment of packages to US over import tariffs

Trump nominates Sergio Gor to be next US ambassador to India

Sri Lankan ex-President Ranil Wickremesinghe arrested

The conflict began when the Department of Homeland Security asked Harvard to provide records about foreign students who were allegedly involved in misconduct. While Harvard said it had complied with the request, government officials claimed that the university’s response was incomplete. They also criticized the university for not reporting enough details about three particular students.

Last week, a federal court in Boston had blocked an earlier attempt by the Department of Homeland Security to restrict foreign students at Harvard. However, Trump’s new order uses a different legal path, making it harder to challenge in court.

In the last three weeks, Trump also accused Harvard of having ties to unfriendly foreign countries. He claimed that nearly one-third of foreign students at Harvard could pose a national security threat. The university refused to give Trump a list of all its international students, which added fuel to the dispute.

Earlier, Trump also cut off billions of dollars in federal support to Harvard. This included $2.2 billion in research grants and $450 million in other financial aid.

You Might Also Like

At least 18 die in Colombia in two attacks attributed to FARC dissidents
At least 18 die in Colombia in two attacks attributed to FARC dissidents
‘Silence emboldens bully’: Chinese envoy slams US tariffs, ‘firmly’ stands with India
‘Silence emboldens bully’: Chinese envoy slams US tariffs, ‘firmly’ stands with India
Putin’s demands for ceasefire: Control over Donbas, no Nato and western troops
Putin’s demands for ceasefire: Control over Donbas, no Nato and western troops
TAGGED:Donald Trumphardvard university visa banHarvard University
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print

You Also Like

Trump wins appeal as $500m civil fraud penalty overturned

Trump wins appeal as $500m civil fraud penalty overturned

By Admin 1 week ago
Russia launches one of its biggest drone, missile attacks this year at Ukraine

Russia launches one of its biggest drone, missile attacks this year at Ukraine

By Admin 2 weeks ago
Brazilian police say ex-President Bolsonaro had planned to flee to Argentina seeking asylum

Brazilian police say ex-President Bolsonaro had planned to flee to Argentina seeking asylum

By Admin 2 weeks ago
© 2024 NM Media. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?